Being a young and remotely located organization with limited accommodation and resources, Jhamtse Gatsal Children’s Community can only accept volunteers who can help us fulfill our immediate needs. We receive many requests for volunteering. We are humbled by the interest that our vision and work sparks in so many people.
We are seeking qualified and experienced volunteers with at least 3-5 years of active work experience in the desired area of interest as well as experience living in different cultures and geographic areas. The duration of stay for volunteers may differ based on areas of interest, expertise and availability.
Our current needs include:
- Subject Teachers
- Early Childhood and Primary Class Teachers
- Special Education Teachers
- Experts in Experiential Education and Curriculum Development
- Educational Administration
- Music and Art Teacher (Traditional and Modern)
- Sports and Physical Education Teacher
- Graphic (on and off-site)
- Social Media
- Bio-septic Systems
- Rainwater Harvesting
- Drip Irrigation
- Organic Farming
- Natural Building
If you feel that you are an appropriate match for us, please apply for a volunteer position at Jhamtse Gatsal by contacting our Volunteer Coordinator. Please send us a completed volunteer application form, as well as your CV for consideration. All volunteers will go through a vetting process before they can be accepted.
** Some questions to consider before applying:
- Are you someone who can live within a remote community of a developing country with limited access to amenities and medical care?
- Can you adjust to working with people whose culture, including diet, is very different from your own?
- Can you be happy with flexible schedules and living within an extremely isolated community?
Contact us if you have further questions.
Our Incredible Volunteers
Jhamtse Gatsal volunteers have come from many countries, and our list is always growing:
- United States
- and More!